28th of April 2010 Author: Glo Wood
Revenues rise by 17 percent, reports Swedish online gambling operator
The Swedish online gambling operator Betsson AB has posted positive quarter 1/2010 results, reporting a 17 percent rise in revenues to : SEK 367.7 (Q1 2009 - SEK315.5) million.
Other highlights of the company's first quarter include:
* Over SEK 1 billion in gross turnover was achieved in sports betting operations, a substantial increase of 89 percent
* Operating income increased to SEK 84.2 (82.4) million, an increase of 2 percent
* Operating income has been charged with a cost of SEK 9.2 (revenue 5.6) million regarding currency revaluation of balance sheet items
* The effect from capitalisations and amortisations of capitalised development cost declined to SEK 600 000 (7.8) million
* Income before tax rose to SEK 84.6 (83.0) million
* Income for the period totalled SEK 80.2 (78.8) million
* Cash by the end of the period stood at SEK 520.4 million, well up from Q1 2009's SEK 436.8 million and the group has no interest-bearing liabilities
* Customer deposits increased by 31 percent to SEK 964.9 (735.6) million
* Betsson has broadened both online poker and casino offerings
CEO Pontus Lindwall attributed the positive quarter to the marketing philosophy of his company: "We give the players what they want," he said. "Betsson´s investments in the sportsbook [sector] have proved to be successful. The sportsbook increase [in turnover] was up 89 percent despite the highly competitive nature of the Swedish market. This clearly shows that Betsson has gained market share.”
General Gambling News
4th of November 2009
22nd of December 2009
3rd of July 2015
30th of April 2015
4th of May 2015
15th of May 2015
27th of May 2015
25th of May 2015
Disclaimer Contact Us Privacy Gambling Help About Us Site Map
LatestCasinoBonuses.com © 2006-2015
Join now for full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
PLUS join now and get...
100% up to $1000 PLUS 25 free spins! Sponsored by ClubUSA Casino, US OK.
View more information here